Guilt Free Chocolate Cip Cookies
Author: Healthy Trolley
Serves: 24 depend on size
These cookies have been inspire by the Mediterranean diet. Instead of using butter we replaced it by using olive oil instead. You will also find that the sugar content is half of a standard cookie recipe. So yes you can indulge without feeling guilty. Hope you enjoy these as much as we have.
- 125mls or ½ cup Lite Olive Oil
- ½ cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 25ml milk
- 1 packet of chocolate chips - I use NESTLE BAKER'S CHOICE Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C fan-forced & line baking tray with baking paper
- Add 125 mls or ½ cup of olive oil into a bowl
- Add the brown sugar and mix with wooden spoon until combine
- Add eggs and mix with wooden spoon until well combined
- Sift flour into mixture and mix with spoon until combine
- Add the vanilla extract into the milk and mix and add to mixture and mix until combine
- Mix in the chocolate chips until well combine
- Using a tablespoon or scoop take a spoonful or scoop of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Place on tray or trays leaving enough space to expand, and flatten slightly. Repeat
- Place in oven and bake for 20 mins or until golden.
- Remove and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.